Saturday, February 12, 2011

I watch the trees.

I do. I look out my window and look at their branches reaching out to the sky. I notice the silhouette against the sky, sometimes pink with sunrise. Or like now when the light comes bursting through leafless branches onto my keyboard casting twiggy shadows as I type. Blue jay calls. Red Wing Blackbird joins the chorus. The drum beat of a pileated woodpecker takes me outside to hear the early symphony even though the world is still frozen here.

I watch the trees for signs of new growth, for the turning of the earth into spring time and summer. I do love summer. Full leafy ripeness and hot shady swing. But the frozen quality of winter invigorates with her beauties once I force myself out with proper bundling and booting!

No comments:

Post a Comment